Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why So Sensitive?: Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane



This is Waka Flocka's new song entitled "Fuk Dis Industry."  Please don't waste your time....it's not worth listening to.  I listen to a lot of music, and I'm not gonna lie I listen to Gucci Mane.  Say what you want to about his lyrics, but the production is normally there so you have to take it for what it's worth.  I listen to Waka if I'm working out because it gets me hyped...if there's a Waka song when I'm getting in a fight I'm going to come out on top.  I think we can all agree, however, that OJ Tha Juiceman has to be worst rapper alive...the homey Eli Porter runs circles around him.  The main reason he recorded this track was in response Gucci Mane dropping his mother as his manager.  Even though he says there's not a beef, Waka has said that the relationship between him and Gucci is done.  I don't know the circumstances behind the split, but from the outside looking in it seems to be about business.  Gucci is on his way to be a real big star and make some serious money (hate him or love him)...he needs someone with that kind of experience and connections.  I'm all for loyalty in all facets of life, but sometimes you have to make the best decision for you.  Gucci doesn't want to talk about it either...he walked out of an interview when he was asked about the situation.  Waka most definitely still has that street mentality...but he has to understand that this is a business.  If you burn bridges every time you think someone has slighted you ...you'd be an island.  The lesson here is:  you have to separate business and personal or every business move made is going to have a profound affect on the personal side.

-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment