Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!



Maddenoliday is upon us!  For those who are unfamiliar, Maddenoliday is the glorious day on Dub's calendar when the newest edition of Madden comes out in stores.  Throughout college, me and the Petty Coalition stood in line, braving humid college nights and GameStop geeks just so we can play Madden and talk shit all night.  This time was a solo adventure but still ignant nevertheless.  This year I'm rolling with the Cincinnati Bengals and the Tennessee Titans.  Cincy is going to be a more well rounded team on both sides of the ball, while it's gonna be all about the running game for me with the Titans.  This year's biggest "innovation" is called GameFlow.  When turned on, the computer selects the play to run based on the situation (i.e. down and distance, time left in game), allowing you to focus on execution.  The main goal of this is to shorten the game time.  Personally, I'm not with it...I've been picking my plays since Madden 99 and I'm doing to continue to do so.  Played a couple of games last night...the feel of the game is way different.  The player motion takes momentum and angle into account on every play....meaning if you take a bad angle on the ball carrier you're gonna be left in the dust.  The new kicking meter is also going to take some getting used to...the lag online cause me to miss an extra point O_o.  The learning curve is going to be steep, but I like the feel of this Madden already.  I copped this year's version on PS3...hit me up if you wanna run a match.  I'm always looking for different competetion...because playing the computer all the time gets boring (PSN-Dubnificent).

-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment