Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Standing Up For Yourself



This EPIC video is from a school in Australia when a kid that was getting bullied stood for himself and fought back.  The media has been reporting heavily on bullying over the past year or so...I'm not old by any measure but I don't remember it being this bad when I was little.  Now the parents that are obsessed with sissy-fying the children are telling the kids not to fight back.  Now I'm saying violence is always the answer but you have to advocate defending yourself...there are sometimes where talking it out doesn't work.  And even beyond that...you have to stick up for yourself...it's not good to teach children to go through life thinking it's cool to run and tell an adult when they're getting pushed around.  I have old school parents....I wasn't raised to be a brawler but if I ran home crying because I was being bullied then I was the one getting the beating for not fighting back.  This lesson definitely needs to be learned so that later in life they aren't running from a confrontation when they're getting pushed around....not necessarily fist fighting but there's a way to "fight" in the working world without lifting a finger.  If there's a big business deal that needs to be finish you wouldn't want your kid to back down when a bigger group is bearing down on them, would you? Maybe I feel this way because I don't have kids...yeah that's probably it.  So to those who are reading this and have kids...am I wrong?

-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment