Monday, March 14, 2011

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others...


...one of these things just doesn't belong.  XXL does a Freshmen Issue featuring some up and coming artists gaining notoriety.  This year everyone's favorite based rapper, Lil B, made the cover (he's holding the sign in the picture). I'm all for having fun with rap and have a good deal of variety of what I listen to...but come on now, really? What part of the game is this?...all you have to do is get a couple million YouTube views and you're off and running. We need to learn the difference between "fun" and "quality"...but this is the new hip hop landscape we live in now. The editor at XXL needs some help down from a tall building for this one...and I'm not talking about using the steps either. Check out his Lil B's YouTube channel here.

But I won't lie...when you just wanna chill and have fun I won't mind listening to Lil B. It's so bad it's good...kind of like the Street Fighter movie with Sean Claude Van Damme. Hos on my dick 'cause I look like Matlock? DED (and yes...that's a real line...didn't have to make that one up.) And while we're on the subject of based tracks...check out this Larry Drew freestyle from my Knock Phi boys @dadbitdrock and @TAYLOTHEBITGOD: Who Is Larry Drew? Larry Drew left the UNC basketball team and two of the biggest Tar Heel fans went ham sammich.  Let the buggage commence.

-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment