Monday, January 31, 2011

'Angry Birds' Is Taking Over The World



This is trailer for a new Angry Birds game coming out in tandem with the new animated movie "Rio."  The people at Rovio (developer of Angry Birds) has struck gold with this game...they took a simple concept and have built a mobile app juggernaut.  The game has sold 495742354 million downloads (OK...I made up that number...but you get what I'm saying)...between the 3 major smartphone platforms (i.e. Symbian, iOS, Android) Angry Birds is a legend in the mobile app game.  Who new using a slingshot to fling birds at pigs could be so addictive?  They have released versions for Halloween and Christmas with one planned for Valentine's Day.  Gotta love this new world where you can take a seemingly simple idea and make a medium sized fortune from it.  With the advent of the 24 hr news cycle and the innanets you can gain a cult following and turn them in to a self perpetuating hype/marketing machine.  Take the Snuggie for example...someone put on a robe backwards and told their friends they were gonna start selling them.  Then the commercials went viral and the hype spread like warm, snuggly wildfire.  I'm on a mission to have one of the ideas so I can make a quick but so I can fulfill two dreams I've had since I was a kid:

1.  Build the "Kiss My Ass" ranch.  It's going to be a regular ranch...with a big sign out front that says "Kiss My Ass"

2.  Be the first dude to have sex in space.  Zero gravity will make the orgasm so much better...I think it will at least

I've been trying to create one for years.  I had one for bottled ice (for those days when you have a hot soda but need a container with ice that has a lid) but everyone thinks I'm crazy.  That's what they said about the person that thought of putting water in a bottle...now you have people that won't drink water out of the tap.  I'm on a mission.

-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment