Friday, September 23, 2011

What I'm Listening To: Cee Lo-Gettin' Grown



Cee-Lo is without a doubt of my favorite artists regardless of genre (physical similarities aside).  All of his music so soulful...you can tell he's SANGIN...so much more than regular singing.  My favorite thing about his music is the evolution and the diversity in his catalog.  From his early days with the Goodie Mob, from joining forces with Danger Mouse to form Gnarls Barkley, to his new solo projects he's went from being a top shelf lyricist to a highly sought after voice talent.  Drake hopes to one day reach that level.  He seems equally comfortable on every record he does...if you haven't heard any of his album I suggest you start.  My favorite one is probably "Cee Lo Green & His Perfect Imperfections"...it shows off both of his talents equally and is a overall great album.

-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment