Sunday, September 4, 2011

T.I. Doesn't Want To Be Free


There are certain times when I read a story about a celebrity and just shake my head in shame...then there are others that don't suprise me and I continue my daily activites.  T.I.'s latest incident with the law made me do both.  For those unaware, The Bankhead Ambassador has been locked down for the past year for a probation violation...again.  He was scheduled to be released to a halfway to complete his sentence when he was placed back in custody when his tour bus came to pick him up from jail.  Now...there isn't anything technically wrong or illegal with having your tour bus coming to pick you up from jail...but is it really the smartest thing?  Like honestly, wouldn't you want to be as low key as possible?  Hell I'd ride a tricycle if need be...as long as it kept me out of jail.  T.I. has always been one of my favorite artists but over the past couple of years it's been pretty tough to be a fan.  Not that his music has been slack, just he hasn't been free to release any new music (he's also all but killed his acting career and chances for endorsements, like the ones he had with Axe and Chevrolet).  Even after the whole guns thing (which I STILL don't understand...it's like he was trying to play a real life game of Call Of Duty at his mansion shawty), it seems as though he's doing whatever he can to go back to jail.  For example, if you and your lady have weed and Ex in the car and you're driving on the Las Vegas strip, wouldn't you want to make sure you're abiding by the traffic laws?  You can't break all the laws shawty...driving the wrong way in the street is asking to get locked up.  And if I'm not mistaken he was only free for a couple of weeks before that incident.  He must be missing someone in prison because he can't wait to go back.  If I was locked up, my number #1 job would formulate a strategy how to stay away from that place.  And it's not like he's in a situation where he doesn't have any other options...just sit up in the hills and spend your money.  I'm not about that recreational criminal life...let's see how long he stays out this time...

-Dub

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Lord knows I love my light skinned husband T.I., but I agree... He does seem to have some fascination with jail. Unsure what it is. He clearly has to know by now that he's not invincible. I don't understand, but I don't quite care to understand.

    ReplyDelete