Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's All About The U



For those of you all that follow sports closely I know, like me, are becoming sick and tired of these college football scandals involving improper benefits.  We all know it happens...it isn't anything new and it happens everywhere.  Like I'm supposed to believe that Mario Williams paid for his tricked out Hummer I saw him driving at NC State (hell...it had a Superman logo on the back...I know damn well that isn't standard).  But within the past week there are reports about a improper benefits scandal at the University of Miami (FL) and man...this one might take the cake.  Most of the allegations center around booster-turned-felon Nevin Shapiro who, allegedly, made it rain on the football program with Ponzi-scheme dough.  The benefits ranged from VIP treatments at clubs (drinks included, of course), an engagement ring, cash bounties for on the field achievements, and even one abortion (because we know...football players only believe in pass protection.).  The list of players reaches many current NFLers...even Andre Johnson's squeaky clean ass.  I'll give it to Da U...when they do something they do it big.  Even a negative scandal has their trademark flair.  I'm sure heads will roll but I hope they don't get the football program death penalty SMU received in the 80s.  I've always had a special place in my sports fan heart for Miami...plus there's too much TV money to be lost...I'm sure they'll get smacked by the NCAA but they'll still be able to make that bread.

-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment