Friday, April 1, 2011

Random Thoughts: Lupe Fiasco @ Duke Edition

-So...went to see Lupe Fiasco tonight at Duke...and I wasn't feeling it.  Not only the weather and the drunk chicks wanting to get put on guys shoulders with their muddy ass Uggs on...but I really didn't like his set.  He did the majority of his set from this new album Lasers.  I haven't heard it...but from what I heard tonight I'm not too sure if I want to now.  The energy was there but the lyrics weren't....at ALL.  I don't know what happened to his content...probably has a lot to do with his label situation....but he's changed.  Saying he sell out would be harsh...but he's one step below it. Food & Liquor/The Cool Lupe >>>>>>> Lasers Lupe....song goes on my ass.

-MY FEET HURT!

-And while I'm on the subject....I'm all for celebrities using their fame to make political statements and make changes in their spheres of influence, but I think Lupe has taken it a little too far.  My brother made a statement and I can't agree more:  "He's a clown now.  He's so over-the-top political that he's become a caricature of himself."  During the show he was like "Your tax dollars are used to pay for bombs and bullets."  Ok...that's cool...but what are we going to do?...not pay taxes?  Ask Wesley Snipes how well that goes..

-IDK who the sound engineer was...but they had the wrong set up.  It seemed like a club set up rather than a concert set up.  They had ALL the bass...cool when you're at the club/bar trying to party...not cool when you're trying to hear lyrics.

-DAMN! It's 3am and MY FEET STILL HURT! I need some Dr. Scholls or something.

Nothing to do with the Lupe show...but Atlanta Hawks legend Dominique Wilkins went Ali on this ex-referee tonight.  He might not have started the fight...but he damn sure finished it.

-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment